Friday, August 09, 2013

The First Day after Ramadan - Syawal

I spend the Raya day, observed yesterday on August 8th at home. Last year, I said I will visit my sisters, brother and relatives back home. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am not able to “balik kampong” this Raya. I am not happy about it, but it will be ok. I baked Raya cookies and cooked Raya meal to bring the Raya mood in me. I also "kunjung" to open houses near my house. The Raya video on internet keep me company. Honey amazed seeing me watching 3 videos on separate computer at the same time. I said, new generation can do multitasking. :-)

After the Eid prayer, I went home to enjoy my home cooked Raya meal. At the mosque, they served some cakes and cookies. I didn't join the food feast at the mosque. There are too many people. Plus, I am enjoying losing some pounds over the fasting months. I am keeping my doctor happy...yeah!

 Now that the fasting days are over, I can start gardening again. I have neglected my plants for so long. I am sure I will have a lot of work ahead of me. The weeds are surely as high as up to my waist by now. We’ve been getting some rainy days and some hot days. Those two are perfect weather for the plants and weeds to grow. I cannot wait for tomorrow morning to go to the garden. I can imagine all the cutting, pulling and hoeing that I will have to do. I will update more until then. Stay tuned….

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin