Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Fixing IE7 Browser

OMG! I spent the whole night yesterday fixing the iphone, the address book was wiped out for no reason. Today, I spent another frustrating night fixing my laptop. The IE7 on my window XP doesn't allow me to load any website. I have reset the modem/router, reboot my pc, change the internet setting to default/factory, ran eRecovery Manager...etc. But to no avail...until I found this little command and it worked like a charmed.:-)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog
Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Then Reboot the machine.
Walla! It worked like magic.
Now, I can go to sleep peacefully...

No comments:


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin