Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

The year is ending soon and I couldn’t believe how fast time flies. The economy stays bad and I have to sacrifice a lot to make ends meet. We had to change our loved car to a hybrid one to save some bucks in taxes. The New Year is not going to be any better as no promising in economy is made by the government. I continue doing what I love the most and try to set aside from the back of my mind of the small return I am receiving for my effort.

I had a great time having my lovely niece over at my house early this month. She spent almost a month with me after her final exam. It felt great to cook our favorite food together. I am sure she was enjoying herself learning some new skills at my house. There’s a lot to see and a lot to learn. That 3 weeks ++ was not enough for her to absorb “Only in America” facts of life. Since I already have experience dealing with teenager, I thought I did pretty well. So often, Mr. Big had to remind me to step down a notch. There are lots of things that I couldn’t see with my naked eye. Mr. Big was sharp at reading ones mind.

I was busy this Christmas, baking and cooking. I bake a cake for the office Christmas party. It was easier to whip the batter than to try something fussy. I did bake some sand tarts and it took all of my sweet time instead of watching the YouTube. But the cookies will soon be enjoyed by the family and the exhaustion will be paid off.
We’ve tried the food from a new restaurant at the mall today. Unfortunately, the food was not that great. I find them too salty and not fresh. Before dinner, we walked around in the mall. There are so many people doing the last minute Christmas shopping. Mr. Big was trying to persuade me into taking my picture with Santa at the mall. That is not going to happen. I am too old for the Santa’s lap.

I have not finished with my Christmas shopping. Tomorrow is the last day I can go out to shop. My problem is that, I do not know what I am looking for. Mr. Big already bought his own Christmas gift as usual. And he is not giving any clue about my gift. I guess I will be ok with it. Like I said earlier, I really don’t know what I need. Everything I have asked this year, I have already got it. There’s nothing else left, really.

I would like to wish all of my readers a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year. Be safe on the road. Enjoy your precious moment with your family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin