Monday, July 23, 2012

Zucchini Blossom

I love zucchini blossoms. They are sweet, tender and juicy when deep fried with some tempura batter.
This year I decided to pick my zucchini when they are as young as in the picture above. I have been busy watering the garden every day in the evening when the weather was very hot. I water only on the soil and not over the leaves. After a heavy rain last night, the plants are all thriving to their fullest.
It took me more than 2 hours just to weeding this area. I have pulled out some of the onions. But I still have some more growing in the garden. The white stuff on the plants are just a lime dust. It can boost their growth as well as deterring the bugs. 
Above is a picture of another type of zucchini. It is a globe shape zucchini. They are late bloomer but are growing very well in my garden. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin