Monday, May 16, 2011

Flowers in the yard

It was sad to see the rising of the Mississippi river and was covering the houses nearby. So many people have left their home to a safer place. In my neighborhood itself, we've been getting a lot of rain. One or two days the sun was hitting bright and the next day it was all covered by dark clouds.
I was able to work in the garden for a few days. I have planted the tomatoes, peas, green beans, zucchini, radishes, kohlrabi, and lettuces.
I am using the grass clippings to mulch the plants. Especially on the tomato plants. I am not sure if the tomatoes are happy with tons of rain water. I have seen one japanese beetle on the tomato plants. I quickly spray the plant with organic insect repellent.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How coincidental - we are both posting flowers! Yours is in the backyard. Mine have moved from the garden to adorn the interiors of the house:) Hope you have a good harvest.

malin_purple said...

hi kak!!! hihi

bandit the bobcat :3 said...

the food sounds yummy :) i love fresh food :P

Syazlin Sazali said...

That is so lovely :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin