Sunday, March 06, 2011

Cherry Tomato Plants

Growing season is lurking around the corner in my neighborhood. I am excited. The weather is still cold outside. It rains since morning. But it didn’t stop me from mending my babies. This time I am transplanting the tomato plants that I have sprouted about 2 weeks ago into slightly bigger pots.

Here is the picture of the tomato seeds that have sprouted. They are looking great and the container is getting smaller for them. These sprouts showed a good quality of seeds. I’ve got the seeds from my friend. The tomato is a large cherry tomato.

I went out to k-mart last night and bought a bag of potting soil and some 3 inch peat pot.
Over the years of growing tomato I find tomato as a forgiving plant. Their roots can grow from the stems. I carefully break the clump of baby plants into individual plant. I try not to touch or accidentally pinch their tender stems.

I fill the peat pot with potting soil. I create a hole with my index finger all the way to the bottom of the pot. Gently lay the tiny plant inside the hole. Slowly press the soil around it to hold the newly grown plant. I water the plants and set them near the window where they will get enough sun light. They should be ready to go into the garden sometimes in april.

2 comments:

Yati Harvey said...

dah besar dah pokok tomato tu. memang tangan you ada berkat.Bila berbuah nanti, you'll have loads for your lunch. makan gitu je pun sedap!

Unknown said...

Looks like you'll have a bumper harvest with the tlc you give them tomatoes. Happy gardening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin