Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Spring has Sprung

The weather is still cold but the garden is open for another season of growing. I brought my toolbox over to the garden. But I have yet to find the time to set up the fences and to sow the seeds. The peas must go in the garden first among the lettuces and radishes. I have also started some seeds indoor like tomato, tomatillo, ground cherry tomato and cucamelon. They are too young to go into the garden. Once the soil temperature reaching up to 60 degrees F I can transplant them outside. By then the green beans and cucumbers can go into the soil.

I had a good time harvesting lots of cucumber last year. I am planning to use the same method this year. Last year, I grow lots of cucumber seeds and I let them rambling on the ground. The cucumbers are abundance and they are very juicy and sweet. I cannot wait to see what happen this time in the garden. My hours in the garden might be lesser but I think I can managed.

I hope I get lots of rain this season. It is difficult to water the plants everyday. The garden area is 30 by 60 foot. I had to use the pump and it usually take up to an hour to water all the plants.

I will deeply thinking of you Grandma when I am in the garden raking and hoeing the soil. May you rest in peace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin